How To Calculate Midpoints from your Natal Chart
Have you heard a lot about midpoints, but never been able to work out how to calculate them?
Well worry no more!
Here is a simple guide to get you started with How To Calculate Midpoints from your Natal Chart.
How To Calculate Midpoints from your Natal Chart:
- Draw up chart at astro.com
- On the Extended Chart Selection page, under Methods, select for the chart drawing style: “Ebertin Style w. Midpoints.”
- At the upper left of that chart, click on “Additional tables (PDF).”
- You need to be able to recognize the planet and sign glyphs to understand the information.
Special credit to StarVega from the Love Light Astrology forums for the guide.
Where are my midpoints?
Again, just click on “Additional tables (PDF).” and you’ll be able to view all your midpoints. It is that simple.
Here is a snippet of mine
That is it! I hope you find them useful to use! Feel free to check out the meanings of each midpoints by clicking here.
Read on for additional information
So now you should be able to see a chart like this:
- The planets in Blue are your natal planets. You should recognise them.
- The planets in Red are your natal planets but converted to 90 degree format. This calculation using a simple equation that a lot of programmers used, called “taking the modulus of a number”. Check my example below.
Taking the modulus
- Choose a planet in your natal chart, for example, Virgo Moon at 24 degrees. (roughly)
- Now we need to convert to 360 degree format. Virgo is the 6th sign in the zodiac, so degrees start at 150. (Check the table called “Table of the zodiac” below.)
- Next add the extra degrees on top of start degrees, (150 + 24). So now we have 174.
- Now you need to take the modulus of 174 by 90, this is simply 174 mod 90. Which equals 84.
- The modulus is the remainder of the calculation (174 divided by 90).
- Stuck? Use the calculator below!